Responsible for completing daily operations or tasks within a specific department in the company; (e.g. fabricator plastic shop, welding, associated with the production of Plastic Tanks and Bodies.
Job Description – Fabricator
• Read job specifications to determine part layouts and material requirements.
• Measure work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operations.
• Working knowledge of Computer Numerically Controlled machines, hand, Extrusion Welders.
• Read work orders and perform work as assigned by Department Supervisor.
• Safely operate power tools, auto-saw, forklift, and measuring devices.
• Read and interpret various blueprints, observing specifications of tolerance.
• Working knowledge of various sizes and types of plastic sheets.
• Understand tool specifications and operational capabilities.
• Notify Supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
• Working knowledge of basic manufacturing OSHA standards including Safety and Health Training, Personal Protective Equipment, Lock-out Tag-out, and SDS.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
• Safely operate automated machines.
• Must be able to work in a non-climate-controlled environment.
• Stand for extended periods of time.
• Climbing- ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
• Stooping- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
• Kneeling- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
• Crouching/Crawling/Reaching – Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
• Walking- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
• The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performing mechanical tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters.
• Work in moderate to high noise level exposure with hearing protection
• Must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear.